8.19.2011

Sesame Garlic Noodles


When I was little, I used to think Top Ramen noodles were the bomb.com. I would eat them for lunch every weekend. I would add frozen peas and sesame oil, and think I created the perfect dish. So recently I wanted to re-create that feeling, only to discover that Top Ramen noodles have A TON of fat!! Who knew? I thought they were made of cardboard?

Anyways, I wanted that same sesame, Asian noodle taste. So this is a grown up version of my childhood favorite. Complete with whole-wheat, and not a ton of fat :)
                                       

Sesame Garlic Noodles

1 package whole wheat angel hair pasta
5-6 cloves garlic
4 green onions
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and boil until al dente tender.


 While pasta is cooking, mince garlic and slice green onions. Heat butter over medium heat in a large pan, and add garlic and green onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until garlic softens. Remove from pan and set aside.

In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and oyster sauce.

When pasta is finished, drain and add to the large pan along with soy sauce mixture. Stir to combine, coating all noodles with sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened a bit, and noodles are coated.

 Return garlic and green onions to pan and toss to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top and enjoy! 
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...