10.09.2011

Chickpea Salad



I was determined to do a post this week, since I hadn't done one in... forever. I have been cooking some delicious stuff too! The problem is the weather. It has been so cloudy and dark, that even in the middle of the day it is hard to get some good natural light in my house. Especially because our house is basically a cave, with window that all face the wrong way for good picture taking. All we are missing is mold and a troll. Okay maybe a little dramatic. 

Anyways... here is a great alternative to tuna salad and chicken salad. It is great in a sandwich, but also tasty on top of a salad. The first time I made it, I stuffed it is a pita with some sprouts and avocado. Delish. I ran out of pitas though, so I had to settle for pictures on bread. Either was is good, and ready in mere minutes!

Chickpea Salad 

1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon Dijon or brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
2 green onions
1 rib celery
1/4 cup Swiss or Havarti cheese
Salt & pepper

Combine chickpeas, mayo, mustard, and celery salt in a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash slightly to combine ingredients. 

Dice green onion and celery and add to bowl. Cut cheese into small pieces and add to bowl. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. 

Serve on your favorite whole wheat bread, or on top of mixed greens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...