10.21.2011

Semi-Homemade Salmon Cakes




If you have ever seen Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee on the Food Network, then you know how awesome her concept is. Her show is all about using a few pre-bought and prepared items from the grocery store, and combining them with fresh ingredient. The product is usually delicious, and takes 1/2 the time a regular meal would take. She is also a total mom-babe. I want to be like her when I grow up. 


Anyways, now that I am done creeping on Food Network stars, let me just say that I usually don't cook this way, only because it makes me feel like a fraud when I serve it to people and say "I made this!" But I had some leftover Stove-Top Stuffing (my equivalent to crack) and leftover salmon. I have seen my dad do this once, so I thought I would give it a try! So delicious and way less work that a standard salmon cake. 

Semi-Homemade Salmon Cakes

1 cup cooked salmon
1 1/2 cups cooked stuffing
1 stalk celery
2 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 egg
1 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper


In a medium pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Chop celery into small pieces, mince garlic and add both to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until celery has begun to soften. Remove from heat. 

In a large bowl add stuffing, salmon, mustard, green onion, egg, salt and pepper, and cooked celery and garlic. Using a fork, slowly mash together, flaking the salmon in the process. Do not over mix, or salmon will be mushy and not flaky. 


Return empty pan to heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Using your hands, form small patties and add to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side on medium heat, until golden brown. Flip patties and repeat. 



Remove from heat and serve your salmon cakes with your favorite sauce.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...