6.10.2011

Rosemary Raisin Pecan Crisps



Today was a good day. I discovered a recipe that allows me to make my very own Raincoast Crisps. If you have never tried a Raincoast Crisp....don't. I am only trying to protect you...or your wallet. For $7 a box, these crackers cost a pretty penny. But they are so good, and the flavor combinations are genius. So when I found a recipe on how to make my own, I just about died. I obviously tweaked it, because that is what I do. That and no one sells buttermilk :) Try these, then send me the money you saved!!!


Rosemary Raisin Pecan Crisps
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup honey
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/8 cup sesame seeds
1/8 cup ground flax seed
3/4 tablespoon dried rosemary

First thing is first. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Add vinegar and milk to a small bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Now you have buttermilk :)


In a large mixing bowl add flour, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine. 

Add brown sugar, honey, and milk. Stirring only enough to moisten flour. 

Add raisins, rosemary, chopped pecans, sesame seeds,  and flax seed. Stir until just combined, careful not to over mix. 


Pour batter into greased 8 inch x 4 inch pan.  Hopefully your pan has seen better days then mine!!

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown and springy to touch. 


Remove from pan and allow to cool. Next you have to slice, and the colder the bread the better. I popped mine into the freezer for about 1/2 hour until slightly frozen. 

Using a sharp knife, cut bread into slices as thin as you can.


Reduce oven to 300 degrees. Place slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip over and bake for 10 more minutes, until deep golden brown. 

Now instead of a cracker costing you $0.25 each, they only cost you about $0.05 each! Eat as many as you want without the guilt of a dwindling wallet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...