12.21.2011

Oven Roasted Curry Cauliflower


In an attempt to eat all of the vegetables in my fridge before we go on vacation, I actually made some tasty cauliflower. I also had this far fetched plan to only eat vegetables and fruit for a week before vacay so I look good in my bikini. But let's get real. When there is Christmas chocolate to be eaten, someone has to eat it!! 
I am not really a fan of cauliflower, unless it is dipped in fondue :) But this is pretty, tasty, and not a bad way to eat this odd little veggie. I think you could easily replace curry, with some Mexican spices like cumin and chili powder, and the result would be great too. 


Oven Roasted Curry Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
1 tablespoon red curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 


Add florets, curry powders, olive oil, and salt to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Make sure each piece is coated with olive oil and spices. Spread cauliflower on a baking sheet and place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Half way through shake pan, or use tongs to flip pieces. 

Remove and enjoy! A garnish of cilantro or a dollop of plain yogurt would be good too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...