1.20.2012

Cinnamon-Chai Banana Muffins


So recently I gave my blog a little make-over and update, only to discover that I have really been slacking on the baked goods. This obviously translates to ---> I never eat baked goods. Wrong. I am just getting lazy and buying them at the store. So I decided to try and use up some stuff in my fridge and put a twist on an old favorite. Also we were out of milk....so once again, a recipe create from lack of groceries.

This chai tea concentrate is really awesome stuff. All you do is mix it with some milk or water and you have a super taste latte or cup of tea. Since I like it so much in a drink, I figured it wouldntt be too bad in muffins either. It is not  a very strong taste, but gives a great little hint of chai. 


Cinnamon-Chai Banana Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup chai tea concentrate
3/4 cup mashed extra ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter or shortening

Topping
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk and set aside. 

In another bowl combine sugar and butter. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, soy milk, chai tea concentrate, and bananas. Stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients. Beat until just incorporated. 


Line muffin tinn with wrappers or spray with non-sick spray. Add about 1/3 of a cup or until 3/4 full. In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. To each muffin add a small spoonful of cinnamon-sugar. Using a toothpick, swirl around into a pretty design :)

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this- I was looking for this exact type of recipe as I recently had a banana chai muffin in our local bakery and was on a quest to make it. Totally gonna be tomorrow's breakfast for me and the boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...