2.27.2012

Rosemary Chocolate Chip Bread



I love a good unique recipe. This recipe came to me like this:

I had just eaten some fresh rosemary focaccia bread that I made at the end of dinner. Yum, right? Okay. So then I obviously wanted dessert. We didn't have any, because if I buy desserts or make them..... I eat them in a matter of hours. My self control is almost worst than Oscars. Anyways, so I just decide to eat some chocolate chips. This is gross but I must of still had some rosemary in my mouth and it mixed with the chocolate and *BAM*! It was a flavor miracle. 

 So then I decided to try and combine the flavors. A first I was going to make cookies, but savory cookies? Maybe not. A savory sweet bread? Hell to the yes. So here it is. This is not a special recipe, but just easily adapted to what I wanted to do. You can use your favorite sweet quick bread recipe, or I provided a basic one below!

 Rosemary Chocolate Chip Bread


1 cups all-purpose flour 
                                                               1/2 cup granulated sugar 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1/2 tablespoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 large eggs 
1 cup milk 
1/3 cup vegetable oil 
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
1 tablespoon dried rosemary, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) in a bowl and set aside. 

In a large bowl combine egg, milk, oil, and sugar. Beat until smooth. Slowly add dry ingredients until just smooth, careful to not over mix. Fold in rosemary and chocolate chips. 

Pour into greased bread pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.




1 comment:

  1. Mmmm looks amazing, I will be making this very soon. And I eat chocolate chips for dessert all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...