4.28.2012

Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pesto Spaghettini



You can definitely tell when I get hooked on something. This week I needed (more like wanted) to use the sun-dried tomatoes in my fridge. I also bought some basil to make fresh spring rolls with and had some left over. There is hardly a better combo and I haven't made fresh pesto in forever....probably because it's messy and I don't usually eat pasta. But this was so good I barely shared...

Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pesto Spaghettini 
1 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Whole wheat spaghettini pasta


Place basil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until mixture begins to come together. If need, drizzle olive oil while pulsing. I found if I used the tomatoes in the oil they were packed in, it was more than enough, and also gave great flavor. 
Remove from food processor and stir in parmesan cheese and set aside.

I know what you are thinking....this looks....good?
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7-9 minutes, until al dente. Remove from stove and drain. Return to pot and stir in pesto, making sure to coat each noodle :) I used about 2 cups of pasta with the amount of pesto this made and it was perfect. 

Serve with freshly grated parmesan and garnish with basil leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...