8.25.2012

Mashed Cauliflower and White Beans


Have you ever had a brilliant idea only to find that weren't the one who thought of it? Well that just happened to me dammit. I have had mashed cauliflower before but I was thinking or ways to get some protein in my diet and I thought, "HEY! I will add some white beans because they are pretty neutral tasting and the same color and will add a little texture as well." So I write up a neat little recipe, and right before I post it I google "mashed cauliflower and white beans". Only to see that it is some recipe from the biggest loser Thanksgiving show? What in the hell is going on? So I still post it (obvi) and add some leeks like the recipe I saw online. Pretty good and I guarantee it will fool most people into thinking it is regular mashed potatoes. What is the moral of the story? Biggest Loser stole my idea before I even had it. 

Mashed Cauliflower and White Beans

1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 leek, sliced into rounds
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Place cauliflower in a large pot with 2 inches of water. Cover and cook on high heat until water begins to boil and then let boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add cauliflower to a large food processor along with white beans. Pulse until smooth. 

In a large pan add olive oil on medium heat. Add leeks and garlic and cook until soft. You can either add these to the food processor and pulse to combine, or serve over the top. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you wanted to de-vegan-fy this adding some shredded romano or parmesan cheese would be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...