8.22.2012

Tabouli Quinoa Salad



I just watched 20 minutes of Kristin Wiig video clips so I am in a fantastic mood. I also fell asleep for 20 minutes while in corpse pose at the end of yoga. So if my math is right I am 20 minutes away from the best hour in the history of man kind. Booya.

Starting Vegan week #1 off right is my take on tabouli salad.  I think bulgar wheat is sorta gross and chalky tasting so I added quinoa instead for a great vegan + gluten free side dish. You also better be sure you like tabouli salad, because i think it is a bit of an acquired taste. There are so many fresh herbs that it can be overwhelming. My husband said it tasted too much like nature. <--- whatever that means. Be sure to have lots of fresh parsley and mint on hand! 


Tabouli Quinoa Salad
2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
1 cup flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons mint
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 lemon
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper


Finely chop parsley and mint and add to a large bowl. Slice cherry tomatoes and mince garlic and add to the bowl along with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into bowl. Stir until all ingredients and combined. Add quinoa and toss to coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...