3.01.2011

A Thai food change of heart

I put my husband in charge of dinner tonight. Before you laugh, just know I fully expected take out. Maybe a pot of Kraft dinner (which, for all of my American homies, Kraft dinner is what Canadians call Mac and Cheese). When I got home, dinner was nowhere to be seen. But panic we did not! A few weeks ago one of our friends gave us a take out menu for a Thai place. This came with the disclaimer, "Now, it's not really a restaurant, it's an old Thai lady who make foods in her home, but you can order it and pick it up, and she only takes cash". Now don't get me wrong, I love a good questionable dining experience, but this was not just a dimly lit sushi place in a strip mall offering all you can eat raw fish. This was waaaaay better than that! Dinner from a strangers basement? Bring it on! We ordered some Pad Thai with shrimp, Pa Nang curry, spring rolls, and coconut rice. Drumroll please.......
IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! This broad must have been straight from Thailand, and brought all of the secret ingredients with her. She even called after we had started eating an told me she forgot to put egg in the Pad Thai, apologized, and offered me a discount next time! You don't get service like that at Panda Express!  I might try to adopt this old lady :)

The point of this story is that sometimes the littlest things in life can change your perspective, and remind you to not be such a cynic. I am sure this sounds silly but that little old lady really made my day! She cooked me some delicious food, and checked on me afterwards. There really are people on this planet who would not only give you what you paid for, but also do the right thing, make you smile, and add a little sunshine to your day. So I guess it is time for me to post a cheesy quote.....


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...